Monday, April 04, 2005

Introducing My Iraqi Friends New Blog

This is just a little exerpt of her first posting on her new blog. I hope you will visit and bookmark the page.

http://intellectualdiva.blogspot.com/

""A lot of people “accuse” me that in approaching the question of “what’s going on in Iraq??” I’m abnormally biased to the United States! As a matter of fact I’m rather realistic than biased. This reasonableness in evaluating the situation inevitably is biased; otherwise it would be mere wishful thinking or forged patriotism. Talking about America without biases in her favor is quite rejected and bitterly criticized not even in Iraq but throughout the Middle East and the whole of the Arab world. U.S. zealots have different reasons for prejudice. For an Iraqi, the initial zeal originated from a deep sense of injustice. The tyranny under which we Iraqis suffered for more than 35 years encourages us to try and find a way of survival, even if through the intervention of a third party, other than people and state. However, for those who were not directly touched by the brutalities of tyranny this is not the only reason. Personally, I love particular cultures for their own sakes. In the case of America I’m like Sinclair Lewis, the famous American writer, when he says “Intellectually I know that America is no better than any other country; emotionally I know she is better than every other country”.