Monday, February 14, 2005

How to right the right

Letter I posted on Daily Kos regarding how to advance the interests of the progressives.

I think you are on the right track with above diary, yes we need to get our collective heads together and find the best directions to take.
One suggestion I have is to go to Rep. blogs, become a user and do not attack them, but suggest lines of reasoning, etc. I do not know if this will work, but right now there is no alternative voice on those sites that I have visited.

I think if we present our views as "we are not your enemies, we are your neighbors, your friends, your doctors and nurses, your preachers and teachers,your police and your cross walk guards, we are everywhere. Do you think we are all evil and trying to bring down this country?"

Media attention is one thing we need, but we also need to reach out to the right, because I suspect a lot are not real red, and are about to jump ship we need to give them a soft place to land when they do.
All the media stories in the world will not change minds of people if they think the dems are the enemies.

My review of the rep. blogs is that when anyone tries to bring up a point that something may not be right with say policy, that person is pounced on and bludgeoned into submission, ending with "Ok if you all think this way then I must be wrong."
So the person who is logically thinking is quickly doused because there is no support for that side. Couldn't we support people who are trying to bring up issues.
I think we need very desperately to join forces with Reps., find the doubters and give them hope and bring them into the fold. Otherwise it is just a war between the blue and the red.

Anyway, I am thinking a lot about these issues and looking for any suggestions that will further the cause of getting the truth out and mending some fences in this country.